Sunday, January 23, 2011

Serger Class

Well I took a class at a local sewing machine shop to see if I could learn anything there about my new toy. I had done my homework and was pretty competent about the whole thing. I was an impressive first timer! I had a good time and learned a few things, and gained some confidence with my first project.

I had to get a book that they follow projects out of. One of the projects was for a wine gift bag. The beauty of this project is it can be adapted as a gift bag for any number of items, not just a bottle of wine. Things like a loaf of bread, bottle of preserves, some books, or the teacher said even a sack of potatoes lol.

As part of the class, I had to supply all of my own stuff except the actual fabric. They had the fabric chosen and pre-cut, and put into little kits. I probably would never have chosen this fabric myself-but I’m starting to dislike it less.

Inside is a nice jar of spaghetti sauce :)

image

{why is there bananas? I don’t know. I set this backdrop up for a picture of the banana bread I made and thought it would work for this too! lol}

No comments:

Post a Comment