Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Toy

image

This is my Christmas gift from my Mom. It finally came! I sat down and read through the manual and got her out. It’s intimidating but exciting at the same time!

This is my new serger. It’s basically like a glorified sewing machine. These are what they use to make all our store bought clothes. It has 2 needles instead of one and uses 4 spools of thread. It finishes the edges of things and trims them as it goes. I know there’s a lot more things to do with it and I have a lot to learn! I’m probably taking a little class to help me with some projects at a local sewing store.

No it’s not something I really needed. But this is something I anticipate using a huge amount in my future. I have learned that I love to sew, and one day I hope to make tons of stuff for my kids. Maybe even clothes for myself! THIS will make these things so much easier and I want to learn what I am doing now, so that THEN I will be ready :)

Plus for gifts and other things I like to make, I can finish off edges and do some things to make them much more professional :)

Things I’m going to be working on:

padded hangers-creating my own pattern

maybe I’ll make another set of towels

appliance covers (with the serger!)

Make a carseat cover with Jackie’s pattern

get some more fabric and make curtains

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment