Friday, February 12, 2010

PiLLoWS :)

So I have some new curtain fabric for the front room. I am dying to use it, but I have to remember-one project at a time! I can’t start another ‘till I finish my bay window curtains. I work a tiny bit on them every day-or nearly every day. (Even if my tiny bit of work just includes stopping at the hardware store to pick up supplies). Well, my plan that goes with those front room curtains is making some matching pillows for the couch & loveseat…

Happened upon THIS amazing blog. This wife and mom has some talent and a zillion projects she’s done to browse through…Make It and Love It

I’ve always loved these kind of pillows but they are pricy! So I knew I just would plan to make my own and they’d probably just be a regular ordinary boring piece of fabric. WELL…now I know how to mix it up and I can’t wait to get to that future project!!! Check out this pillow slipcover she made for her house…

This way of sewing ruffles is giving me all kinds of fun ideas :)

AND I also love her simple wall hangings…super cute!

And a whole bunch of her other stuff.  Last but not least I’ll show you the wipes and diaper cases she made. I don’t have any kiddo’s-but someday I can put this to use. Until then maybe they’d make good gifts?

Hope you enjoy browsing her blog as much as I have.

I admire people who take the time to photograph each step of their project and write instructions out for the rest of us. Just doing my little projects I’ve discovered that taking pics of each step is kind of annoying!! It takes up time to set it all nicely, get the layout to include the right tools, and edit out the messy background parts of my project perimeter. THANK YOU to all those talented crafty people who take the time to make all your fantastic tutorials for people like me-that don’t have a clue as to what they are doing :)

IF anyone is bothering to read my ramblings on here: Do you have any favorite websites for crafty inspirations? What kind of things have you made? What was your favorite project? What is your dream project or what do you want to make next?
Please post a comment!! Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment