Sunday, February 7, 2010

1st Baby Sling

OK, so along with the baby blanket I sent Molly a baby sling. She’d mentioned how she’d like one but they were hard to find for a decent price. I looked them up and thought I could probably try making one!  I found and purchased 2 yds of cute fabric, used thread from my curtain project and put it all together. I followed the tutorial I found HERE at handmade-adelaide-baby.com

The hardest part for me was the french seam (on a curve) but now that I’ve done one I don’t think the next one will be near as bad!

After baby comes we’ll see if it actually fits Molly or not. Hope it does!!   Maybe she’ll post a picture with it later for me :) (hint hint)

Ok, so below is a picture from google images showing WHAT a baby sling actually does…

Pictured below are a few steps of my sling. I forgot to take pics through the whole thing. I’m bad at that…

Basically fold, iron, pin, sew, flip, sew…etc…

sling1sling5sling37sling6

No comments:

Post a Comment