Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mom’s Day Gifts

I was able to send some great things back to Idaho for Mothers Day. Sadly I didn’t take any pictures of a bunch of Button Towels I sent to Jackie, except some on my phone-but I haven’t transferred them here yet. Other than those, I was able to send these things home:

Camera Lens Bag
My sister wanted something smaller than her big camera bag to carry her extra lens and battery in while she’s out on a photo shoot. So I made this little pretty thing up. It’s got a very sturdy outside to hold it’s shape.

DSC_0605

DSC_0606

There’s a cute pink layer to the flap on the inside. There’s a padded individual case for the lens and some little pockets that are hard to see for the battery and cards.

DSC_0609

DSC_0608

I also sent her a matching camera strap!

DSC_0612

Pot Holders
My mom told me to not get her anything for Mothers Day. She would rather I save money for whatever we need. I know she’s been needing some hot pads so i used this opportunity to try a new idea with them, used some scraps and the same insulated batting (2 layers) to make her these. They are nice and thick and a little bigger than most to give her plenty of room to use them. She’s lost most of her sight so I wanted them nice and big and no chance of anything getting too hot while holding it. She was surprised and very excited to get them!

DSC_0614

DSC_0616

No comments:

Post a Comment