Tuesday, February 1, 2011

{Snow}ed In

DSC_0035

Well we have a sever winter blizzard warning going on right now. Everything is shut down. My work is closed, and so are Josh’s classes. So, what’s a perfect thing to do? Sew!

DSC_0023

We have this nice griddle to cook yummy things like eggs and hash browns and sausage on (like this morning!). The problem with this thing is there’s no good place to keep it except some open shelves we have. The problem with the open shelves is dust an floating pet hair that can accumulate between uses. That means it gets washed after cooking, and before. I don’t like having to keep it somewhere it gets so dirty-when I want to prepare food on it. SO-I came up with a solution :)

DSC_0025

Got some green fabric to blend with my attempt of a green kitchen theme. I used my serger to put it together. I thought about making it from one big piece-and just tucking the corners to box them. BUT, as I was measuring and looking at the griddle, I wanted to make the cover fit the curves better. It’s not just a rectangle-the long sides round out about 3 1/2 inches.

I traced a pattern and cut it all out. I sewed a rolled hem on the bottom (first time doing it!) and put it all together. It fits nice and snug :)

DSC_0027DSC_0026 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0030

No comments:

Post a Comment