Monday, October 18, 2010

i {MADE} something! :)

Wow so I actually sat myself down and followed instructions and made myself something. :)

I have decided I really want to improve my sewing skills, and learn to quilt as well. I have sort of a goal to do this just so I can get better, and also when someday I do have kiddo’s, I will already be decent at making things lol.

It’s been a while since I actually threw anything together. I’ve got plans for baby stuff and what not, but I haven’t actually put all the things together yet.  Well, I used some leftover fabric and some new fabric and made myself a camera strap!

strap

It just fits over my regular one for my digital SLR camera. It’s got some mistakes but that’s okay-next time I can fix those :). overall I am happy that I finished it, and that it turned out cute, and that it is functional!  Not quite 'gift’ quality, but I’m much closer to that now.

If you can’t tell, the front is gathered, covered with 2 ribbons down the center, and backed with a padded damask material.

After this picture I actually took it back off, fixed a few things, and ironed it flat. It looks better now. Maybe I should take another picture?

--------------------------------------------------

So for my sewing machine I recently purchased 2 new accessories. I got a walking foot and a free hand quilting foot. I have played with them both and think they will both be great. I actually used the walking foot to help me with the gathered fabric on this project today. The quilting foot will take some practice before I’d use it on a ‘real’ project, but I think I can get the hang of it and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment